Building on this initial inspiration, Well North is now putting down roots across ten communities in the north of England.
We’re a movement that connects local people, health experts, public services, businesses, voluntary and community groups who’re all eager to make a difference.
Led by social entrepreneur Lord Andrew Mawson and chief executive Sam Tunney, our focus is on delivering grassroots projects that have a lasting impact on people’s lives.
We are about:
- Improving the health and wellbeing of everyone
- Backing real people’s dreams and ideas
- Working alongside people and trusting them to shape their own futures
- Bringing energy and creativity to kick-start change
- Tapping into existing assets, resources, talents and skills
- Building new connections and relationships
- Working with social entrepreneurs and businesses to create new enterprises and jobs
- Sparking community-centred investment and regeneration
- Working with communities to shape more effective health, care and welfare services
- Creating a culture which, wherever possible, says ‘yes’, rather than ‘no’
- Using language which is positive, concise and cuts out jargon
- Boosting confidence through creative and inspiring activities involving everyone
- Creating culture change, enterprise and inspiration in communities which lasts long after we’ve gone.